DOH says spread of COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila slowing down

Published September 2, 2021, 2:58 PM

by Analou de Vera

(JANSEN ROMERO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

The spread of new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the National Capital Region (NCR) has slowed down, the Department of Health (DOH) said.

“Evident yung pagbagal ng pagdami ng kaso. From a very steep increase ay medyo lumilihis, medyo nagpla-plateau po siya (The number of cases has slowed down and it is evident. From a very steep increase, it is currently plateauing),” said DOH Epidemiology Bureau Director Dr. Alethea de Guzman during the Malacanang press briefing on Thursday, Sept. 2.

“Mataas pa rin pero hindi (It is still high but not) as fast as we were previously seeing,” she added.

De Guzman noted that from Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, the average daily cases stood at 4,632.

“(This is) just 500 cases higher than what we reported a week ago [Aug. 19 to 25] which was 4,146,” she said.

All areas in Metro Manila, however, remain under the high risk classification for COVID-19.

De Guzman urged the different local government units to still strictly enforce the minimum public health standard as well as active case finding. She also encouraged them to implement granular lockdowns if necessary.

She also advised the public to get vaccinated as “vaccines are safe and effective” against COVID-19.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2802671,2874489,2874486,2874482,2874453,2874428,2874404]