Will the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) surge get any worse? The OCTA Research Group thinks it will as it sees daily cases exceeding 20,000 by early September. This, as intensive care unit (ICU) bed capacities in Metro Manila hospital have reportedly exceeded levels recorded during the April surge.
Another record was set for the second highest daily record of new infections.
Meanwhile, balmy weather will continue to persist in most parts of the country due to the easterlies and the inter-tropical convergence zone (ITCZ).
These are among the top stories this Sunday afternoon, August 29, 2021.
- PH COVID-19 Update: 18,528 new cases, 17,922 recoveries, 101 fatalities
- Alleged delayed payment of PhilHealth claims
- From the Office of the Vice President
- PH satellites launched
- COA findings on National Commission for Muslim Filipinos
- Weather Update
- Preparations for 2022 polls
- Newest lotto millionaire
- Special Features
- Judicial Corner
- Religious Corner
- Science Corner
- Metro Roundup
- Provincial Roundup