The Department of Justice (DOJ) has yet to decide if its findings on the review of 52 cases of illegal drugs operations which resulted in deaths would be made public.
Justice Secretary Menardo I. Guevarra on Wednesday, Aug. 25, said he has yet to meet with the panel of reviewers he assigned on the 52 cases.
“We have not met with the PNP (Philippine National Police). But we’ll schedule it soon,” Guevarra said.
The review of cases involving illegal drugs operations conducted by PNP and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) was part of the government’s commitment before the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
Since last year, the review panel of the DOJ has started scrutinizing records of PNP and PDEA operations, particularly those which resulted in deaths to suspects and other persons.
The PNP submitted the records of the 52 cases to the DOJ last June 1. Thereafter, PDEA turned over the records on 107 operations.