“Drive You Home” is an 80s-inspired love song blending sentimental guitar-driven melodies with booming hip-hop percussion that features Jackson Wang’s most affecting & confident vocal performance to-date.
The song samples the iconic 1984 single “Drive” from the legendary new wave band The Cars, and is a collaboration with the chart-topping Internet Money producer collective – hip-hop’s go-to producers of the moment (Juice Wrld – “Lucid Dreams”, Lil Tecca – “Ransom”, Internet Money & Gunna ft. Don Toliver & Nav – “Lemonade”).
Accompanying the single is a music video that Jackson scripted, directed, and produced himself alongside Mamesjao and tells a heartbreaking story of a hard-partying night told in reverse.
The previously-release “LMLY” and “Drive You Home” will both ladder up to Jackson’s forthcoming sophomore album, due in November 2021.
Here’s how the song “Drive You Home” trended on its release:
- Official music video acquired 2.7M views within the first 12 hours of premiere and landed a peak trend at #11 across the global platform. Less than 24 hours after the video premiered “Drive You Home” official music video landed 3x more in streams than “LMLY” and 3.79x more in streams than “100 Ways.”
- Across iTunes, reached #1 in 6 markets across all genres and in the Pop genre. In addition, DHY ranked in the top 3 in 22 markets across all genres and in the Pop genre.
- On Spotify New Music Friday for the US (3.7M Followers), “Drive You Home” was the only track featured by an international Asian artist. In addition, “Drive You Home” was placed in the top 11 tracks in a total of 44 New Music Friday playlists across the globe.
- “Drive You Home” lands in a total of New Music Daily playlists in 20 different markets at Apple Music.
- At Pandora, Jackson is featured on the New In Pop playlist at #1 with cover, beating out Billie Eilish, Bruno Mars, Anderson Paak, and Clean Bandit.
- Germany becomes the #2 country to stream “Drive You Home” at Spotify due to playlist adds on New Music Friday Deutschland at #10 (683K Followers) and #22 on Topsify’s Top Hits Playlist (371K Followers).
- “Drive You Home” has been added to 449 playlists at Spotify – including official playlists and listener-curated playlists, reaching a total of 11.49M users. LMLY, since its release in March 2021, has been added to a total of 3K playlists, while only reaching 3.96M listeners.
- “Drive You Home” was Shazam’d 2.7K times on its first day of release, while LMLY and 100 Ways were Shazam’d 2K times & 1.5K times on their first days, respectively.