Metro mayors have yet to receive ECQ aid — Mayor Isko

Published August 6, 2021, 12:16 PM

by Noreen Jazul

Metro Manila mayors have yet to receive from the national government the cash aid for individuals affected by the third implementation of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said on Thursday (Aug.6).

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso (File photo / MANILA BULLETIN)

“May press release [na] may ayuda…pero kaming mga mayor, wala pa kaming tangan tangan, ganon din ang mamamayan (There’s a press release that there will be cash aid…but we, mayors, have yet to receive the aid and so do our people),” Domagoso told ANC in an interview.

On Aug. 3, Malacanang announced that P13.1 billion financial aid or ayuda will be provided to about 10.7 million individuals who will be affected by the reimplementation of the ECQ in the National Capital Region from Aug. 6 to 20.

Vice Mayor Honey Lacuna-Pangan had earlier assured that Manileños affected by the ECQ will have something to eat during the lockdown since the local governmet’s has a food security program.

“Actually, six months na pong ginagawa ng pamahalaang lungsod ng Maynila yung nagbibigay po kami monthly ng food boxes [sa] lahat po ng pamilya dito sa lungsod ng Maynila (Actually we’ve been distributing for six months already to all families living in Manila food boxes),” Pangan said in a radio interview last July 28.

Pangan said the food boxes are delivered door-to-door in barangays so that heads of families will no longer have to leave their homes.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2779604,2914409,2914395,2914391,2914365,2914388,2914352]