DOH logs 8,167 new COVID-19 cases

Published August 3, 2021, 12:11 AM

by Leslie Ann Aquino

The Department of Health (DOH) on Monday, August 2, reported more than 8,000 new cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

DOH/MB

The case bulletin of the DOH showed 8,167 additional cases of COVID-19, bringing the country’s total cases to 1,605,762.

Total recoveries rose to 1,515,054 with 9,095 new survivors.

Total deaths also climbed to 28,093 with the addition of 77 deaths.

The DOH said 94 duplicates were removed from the total case count as 20 of these were recoveries.

“Moreover, 19 cases previously tagged as recoveries have been validated to be active cases and 29 cases that were previously tagged as recoveries were reclassified as deaths after final validation,” it said.

The Health department said one lab was not operational on July 31, 2021, while three labs were not able to submit their data to the COVID-19 Document Repository System (CDRS).

It added that based on data in the last 14 days, the three non-reporting and one non-operating labs contribute, on average, 1.5 percent of samples tested and 1.0 percent of positive individuals.

In a meeting with President Duterte, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III revealed that more than 2,000 of the 8,167 new cases came from Metro Manila.

This was followed by Region 4A with 1,476, Region 7 with 873 while 3,744 of the cases came from other regions.

Duque said the top areas that contributed in the case load are Cavite with 521 cases, Laguna with 437, Quezon City with 399, Bulacan with 399, and Cebu City with 258.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2775837,2822197,2822194,2822191,2822187,2822175,2822181]