The Social Security System (SSS) reminded covered employers that Sickness Benefit Reimbursement Applications (SBRAs) and Maternity Benefit Reimbursement Applications (MBRAs) can now be submitted online through the My.SSS Portal at www.sss.gov.ph.
The online filing of SBRAs and MBRAs can be accessed through the E-Services tab of the employers’ My.SSS accounts.
Online submission of SBRA is mandatory for new or initial claims with approved sickness notifications, however, adjustment or re-filed claims must be physically filed at the SSS branch.
Meanwhile, online submission of MBRA applies to new or initial claims and the following cases for adjustment:
- Member is qualified as Solo Parent
- Correction of type of claim, such as from normal to caesarian delivery, or from miscarriage to ectopic pregnancy with operation
- SSS computation is higher than employer’s computations
- Additional posted contributions will increase the amount of maternity benefit
- Correction of the approved number of days from 60 (normal delivery) or 78 (caesarian section delivery) days to 105 days
- Allocated leave credits not used due to separation from employment of the child’s father or qualified alternate caregiver
The filing of MBRA through SSS branches is still allowed until Aug. 31. Mandatory online filing will be implemented on Sept. 1.
The SSS urged those who would transact in its branches and offices to follow the servicing guidelines as the number coding system, appointment system, and dropbox systems, if applicable; as well as to follow minimum public health protocols.