Three more dioceses in Metro Manila have suspended their public masses.
The Dioceses of Cubao, Novaliches, and Paranaque announced the suspension of public masses in all their parishes and chapels from July 31 to August 20 in separate posts on Facebook Friday, July 30.
“The Diocese of Cubao is declaring a suspension of public worship from July 31 to August 20,” the official announcement from the diocese read.
“Starting July 31 to August 20, 2021 there will be no public masses in all parishes and chapels in the Diocese of Novaliches,” the diocese said.
In a circular letter, Parañaque Bishop Jesse Mercado said starting July 31, only virtual masses are allowed in his diocese.
“Public masses are suspended except for funeral and wake masses but strictly following the Inter Agency Task Force protocols,” he said.
Earlier in the day, the Diocese of Pasig also suspended public masses during the same period.
There is no word yet from the Archdiocese of Manila but some churches already announced the suspension of their public masses such as the Manila Cathedral in Intramuros.
The IATF placed the National Capital Region (NCR) under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions from July 30 to August 5, and Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) from August 6 to 20 to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).