2 men yield P7-M shabu in Cebu City buy-bust

Published July 28, 2021, 5:40 PM

by Calvin Cordova 

CEBU CITY – Packs of suspected shabu worth close to P7 million were seized from two men in a buy-bust operation here last Monday night.

The suspects, Ryan Rabanes, 19, and Henry Bontilao, 39, were arrested by operatives of the City Intelligence Unit (CIU) and City Drug Enforcement Unit (CDEU) in San Carlos Heights in Barangay Quiot.

Seized from the two men were 1,020 grams of shabu with an estimated value of P6,936,000.

“This is the result of a long monitoring and information sharing with our counterparts from the Cebu City Jail,” said Police Col. Josefino Ligan, chief of the Cebu City Police Office.

Ligan said that the two suspects got heir supply of illegal drugs through some inmates at the City Jail.

The seized illegal drugs bore Chinese markings on its packaging similar to the 10 kilos of shabu that were seized in Barangay Cantipla here last month.

“We believed that it came from the same source,” Ligan said.

Interviewed by reporters, Rabanes said he was hired by someone to transport the illegal drugs.

Rabanes said he has been a drug courier for the past four years and was paid P20,000 for every transaction.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","visayas","news"]
[2771700,2822558,2822554,2822538,2822531,2822518,2822524]