The rift within the ruling Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) seems to be getting wider – and uglier — as factions loyal to President Duterte and Senator Manny Pacquiao continued to tangle over which group has control over the embattled party. See more at the Political Corner.
And as a father, Duterte said he didn’t want his daughter Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte to be subjected to the same “vagaries” he has been enduring from his critics. See more details at the President’s Talk to the People.
On the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) front, the Department of Health (DOH) has noted a decrease in the number of deaths in Metro Manila, but has expressed concern over the high number of infections among children aged below two years old. Duterte has also been reported to have completed his Sinopharm doses. See more at the UP COVID-19 Update.
These are among the top stories this Tuesday morning, July 13, 2021. Please click on the links to get more details.
- PH COVID-19 Update
- President Duterte’s Talk to the People
- World Bank apology on wrong assessment of PH students’ performance
- Gasoline, diesel prices up anew
- PAL passengers allowed no-quarantine travel to Hawaii
- Sulu crash of military transport plane
- Hunger Watch
- Consumers have not benefited from surge in pork imports – agri industry group
- Adobo, anyone?
- West PH Sea Dispute
- Preparations for 2022 polls
- Infrastructure Updates
- Education Corner
- Political Corner
- Science Corner
- Business Corner