Whether there’s French blood coursing through your veins, or you just like the French wine swirling in your bloodstream, or you love pronouncing Paris as “Pa-reee,” then you’re probably aware that in just a few days, on July 14, 2021, it’ll be Bastille Day. For the uninitiated, July 14 is typically a day of French celebration, the Independence Day equivalent for France. The French all over the world masterfully turn this French National Day into a joyous day when wine flows, French cuisine is celebrated, and the joie de vivre we hear and read so much about is put on glorious display.
Unfortunately, with some form of community quarantine still affecting all parts of the Philippines, Bastille Day will have to be a somewhat muted affair this year. What the Embassy of France has done is that instead of bringing people together to one big party, they’ve tied up with several establishments with “French connections.”
Each participating restaurant will be offering special menus and libations that feature the best of French gastronomy in the Philippines. While some offer typical French aperitifs, appetizers, and small plates, others are going all out with special set dinners, and highly regarded wines. The Embassy is mounting their own small affair, and the 11 participating French restaurants in Metro Manila and Cebu are:
- Brasserie Sagana (Bonifacio Global City, Taguig)
- Café Fleur (Poblacion, Makati)
- Bistro Vincent by Dr. Wine (Poblacion, Makati)
- The Bistro by Element Boutique Hotel (Poblacion, Makati)
- L’Entrecôte Manila (BGC, Taguig)
- L’Epicerie Gourmande (Alabang, Muntinlupa)
- Metronome (Legaspi Village, Makati)
- Miréio at Raffles (Makati)
- Society Lounge (Makati)
- Spiral Manila by Sofitel Philippine Plaza (Pasay City)
- La Vie Parisienne (Cebu City)
A sampling of some of the special Bastille Day offerings.
In true French Bastille spirit, we aren’t bowing to the tyranny of COVID, and with health and safety still major concerns, we usher in Bastille Day 2021!
For more information on menus and reservations, head to https://bit.ly/BastilleDay2021PH.