Cuteness overload! Scarlet Snow, Powerpuff Girls join DOT's campaign to promote safe travels

Published July 5, 2021, 2:43 PM

by Alexandria Dennise San Juan

The Department of Tourism (DOT) continues to partner with WarnerMedia’s Cartoon Network in pushing for safe travels around the country amid easing restrictions.

(Screengrab from DOT’s SAFETRIP campaign video with Scarlet Snow Belo and The Powerpuff Girls)

To send this message across, the latest campaign video of DOT and Cartoon Network showed social media star Scarlet Snow Belo asking The Powerpuff Girls for help in finding safe ways to explore the Philippines now that leisure travel has been allowed.

The trio of Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup emphasized the need to follow S.A.F.E.T.R.I.P., which stands for Sanitize, Avoid mass gatherings, wear Face masks, use Electronic payments, always have your Temperature checked, follow Rules and regulations, stay updated on latest Information, and observe Physical distancing.

Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said the campaign video aims to inform local tourists on what they should do to keep themselves and other travelers safe while on a trip.

“As more destinations reopen for local travelers, it is our duty to remind everyone to travel with their health and safety as topmost priority,” Puyat said.

“As quarantine restrictions have eased, point-to-point travel from NCR (national capital region)-plus to other MGCQ (modified general community quarantine) areas for leisure is now allowed with no age restrictions, subject to a negative RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) test result,” she added.

Last month, the DOT chief took Scarlet and her family on a trip in Bohol province as part of the department’s campaign to encourage Filipinos to travel locally–especially with their families–with the easing of restrictions in some areas.

They visited different safe and child-friendly destinations in the province such as the Chocolate Hills, the Philippine Tarsier Foundation’s sanctuary, and the Dalareich Chocolate House. They also took the Loboc River cruise.

“Our recent trip to Bohol is our way of showing that we can all travel again safely. I hope more get to travel to our safely reopened destinations this year. But let me emphasize the need to follow minimum health and safety protocol and the travel requirements of the destinations that you will visit,” Puyat said.

The DOT also encouraged travelers to check the official websites of the destinations they are planning to visit, as well as www.philippines.travel/safetrip for the latest updates on opened spots, travel restrictions, and entry requirements and protocol.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2750298,2999905,2999879,2999840,2999817,2999820,2999782]