Over 170 resorts in Bataan closed under MECQ

Published June 22, 2021, 1:30 PM

by Philippine News Agency

BALANGA CITY, Bataan – The Provincial Tourism Office on Monday announced the temporary closure of all inland and beach resorts in 11 towns and one city in this province with the change in its quarantine status from modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) to modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).

Paula Gayeta, tourist receptionist at the Bataan Provincial Tourism Office, said provincial tourism officer Alice Pizarro implemented the directive of Governor Albert Garcia in compliance with the order of the National Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) against the opening of tourist destinations under MECQ.

President Rodrigo Duterte last week placed Bataan under the stricter quarantine status upon recommendation of the IATF due to a spike in the number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.

“Lahat ay sarado. Nasa 170 or more ang lahat ng beach at inland resort sa Bataan (All were closed. There are 170 or more beach and inland resorts in Bataan),” Gayeta said in an interview.

In the town of Samal, Mayor Aida Macalinao immediately met with the owners of resorts to discuss the temporary closure.

At the Raven Resort in Abucay town, manager Leony Hernandez said they already stopped accepting guests last March and instead opened their hotel rooms as quarantine facility for medical front-liners.

“Magbubukas kami kapag sinabi na okay na ang lahat at hindi na nakakahawa ang COVID-19 (We will open once everything is okay and COVID-19 is no longer rampant). The safety of our guests is very important,” she said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["luzon","news","news"]
[2738166,2769773,2769777,2769767,2769770,2769734,2769716]