An early morning fire at the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) has severely affected the operations of the country’s premier government hospital. Support and donations have started to pour in for the 114-year-old hospital.
Stories on the fire and its effects, as well as developments in the government’s coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response, are among the top stories this Sunday afternoon, May 16, 2021.
- PH COVID-19 Update: 5,790 new cases, 7,541 recoveries, 140 fatalities
- PGH fire
- Restrictions on travel to PH
- GSIS offices in NCR reopen
- Tourism sites opened anew
- Weather Update
- Special Features
- Warning to faithful on socmed use