Unclaimed NCR+ 'ayuda' to be given to unlisted but qualified recipients — Año

Published May 14, 2021, 11:21 AM

by Chito Chavez

Unlisted but qualified beneficiaries of the national government’s financial assistance or “ayuda” may receive the cash aid in the absence of the listed recipients in the National Capital Region (NCR)-plus, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has bared.

Secretary Eduardo Año (Pjoto courtesy of DILG)

DILG Secretary Eduardo Año said in a briefing with President Duterte on Thursday night, May 13, that the NCR-plus areas encountered some problems in the disbursement of the cash aid to poor individuals, particularly with beneficiaries who can no longer be contacted or those who have left for the province.

However, Año noted that there are unlisted but qualified individuals on the waiting list who are ready to get the monetary assistance.

Previously, the DILG set May 15 as the deadline for the distribution of the financial assistance in NCR- plus, which covers Metro Manila and its nearby provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal.

But with the cash aid disbursement woes, Año said an amendment will be released after May 15 giving the local government units (LGUs) 10 days to fix the distribution problems and prepare a supplemental payroll to pay the qualified recipients who were excluded from the list.

Año added that the LGUs must try to locate the missing beneficiaries in their localities until May 15.

In case the search proves futile, the unclaimed funds may then be transferred to the qualified recipients who were not on the list.

“[I]to pong mga hindi na makita ay ma-finalize na po hanggang May 15. Kung hindi po nila make-claim, ay ito po ay pwede nating ipamigay doon sa mga qualified ([T]he list of beneficiaries that can no longer be located would be finalized up to May 15. If they fail to claim it, we can give it to those who are qualified),” he said.

The DILG chief also noted that 20,028,688 beneficiaries or 87.40 percent have already received their cash aid. This translates to the distribution ofP20 billion out of the P22.9 billion allotted fund for NCR-plus.

In his report, Año said Laguna garnered the highest distribution rate of 95.04 percent, with 2,583,390 beneficiaries getting the aid amounting to P2.58 billion.

Bulacan recorded a disbursement rate of 92.33 percent, with the P2.73 billion aid going to 2,739,465 beneficiaries.

Rizal distributed financial assistance to 2,266,901 recipients amounting to P2.26 billion, while 9,597,236 beneficiaries in Metro Manila got their share totalling P9.59 billion.

In Cavite, a total of 2,841,696 qualified individuals (82.50 percent) received the cash aid amounting to P2.84 billion.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2702433,2914716,2914702,2914715,2914711,2914679,2914708]