The 69th Miss Universe will be crowned in Hollywood, Florida on May 16 (May 17 in Manila).
If the rumors were to be taken seriously, the Miss Universe Organization will adopt a new format in staging the three-hour competition from Seminole Hard Rock Casino and Resort.
Based on unconfirmed posts, here’s the new format for the competition:
- The 74 candidates will not be divided any more into continents as what they have done for several years.
- There will be no more opening speeches for the top 21 semi-finalists.
- All the 21 semi-finalists will compete in the swimsuit round.
- After the swimsuit portion, the hosts will announce the top 10.
- The top 10 candidates will compete in evening gown.
- After the evening gown, the top 5 finalists will be announced.
- The top 5 contestants will take part in the question-and-answer portion.
- The judges will select 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st runners-up and the new Miss Universe.
The National Costume Show will be held on May 13 while the Preliminary Competition will be staged on May 14.
The Preliminary Competition will select the top 21 semi-finalists for the title of Miss Universe. But the semifinalists will be announced on May 16.