‘No movement Sunday’ reimposed in Cotabato City

Published May 6, 2021, 8:57 AM

by Philippine News Agency



COTABATO CITY (PNA) – With the rising coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infections here, the Cotabato City Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID 19 said it has decided to reimpose the “no movement Sunday” policy beginning May 9.

IATF chair and City Mayor Cynthia Guiani-Sayadi said the decision was reached Wednesday during the task force’s meeting to reevaluate the city quarantine protocols.

“It was in October last year when we had recorded the highest number of COVID-19 positive cases and since then, the number slowly declined until we have reached the lowest in February,” Sayadi said in a video address posted on the city government’s Facebook page.

“We thought we were already doing fine, considering that we had days when the city recorded zero cases,” she said, adding that it was in late March that the cases once again spiked.

Sayadi said the city has 354 cases in October 2020 — the highest in record — but slowly decreased to 44 cases in February this year. But in March this year, COVID-19 cases in the city reached 63, climbing to 115 the following month.

The city currently has 43 active COVID-19 cases.

“This April, we have recorded a total of 115 cases, just when we have already started our vaccination process,” the mayor said. She recalled that since the no movement Sunday was lifted on April 18 for the start of this year’s fasting month of Ramadan “more cases are being recorded every day.”

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["mindanao","provincial","news"]
[2694754,2732296,2731950,2731824,2731758,2731582,2731570]