70% percent of Parañaque beneficiaries received cash aid – Mayor Olivarez

Published April 29, 2021, 5:08 PM

by Dhel Nazario

Parañaque City Mayor Edwin Olivarez said on Thursday, April 29, that the distribution of financial aid from the government for those affected by the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) is ongoing and that they have finished more than half of their target.

In an interview over DZBB, Olivarez mentioned that they are continuing the issuance of the cash aid to meet the extended May 15 deadline set by the national government. 

Local government units (LGUs) have appealed for an extension since the 15 days earlier imposed by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) will not be sufficient to fully dispense the cash aid especially for cities with huge population.

“Sa Parañaque po pumapalo na kami ng 70 percent doon po sa aming allocation (We have already handed out about 70 percent of our allocation),” he said. 

The mayor said earlier that the list of beneficiaries from the Department of Social Welfare and Development has been so far accurate.

A grievance and appeals committee was also created mainly to act and respond to any irregularities in the distribution or concerns from the beneficiaries such as missing names.

A total 604,000 individuals or 151,000 families are expected to benefit from the national government’s financial aid.

Parañaque City received a total of P604 million from the Department of Budget and Management. 

Meanwhile, Olivarez said that aside from the cash aid from the national government, the city government has also allotted a budget for food packs containing rice and canned goods to be distributed to residents.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2688886,2839390,2839385,2839382,2839356,2839353,2839343]