VisMin Cup: Teams now required to surrender mobile phones before games

Published April 20, 2021, 9:18 PM

by Jonas Terrado

The Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup is requiring all teams to surrender their phones before every game as part of preventive measures made in the aftermath of game-fixing allegations that marred last week’s match involving the Siquijor Mystics and ARQ Builders-Lapu-Lapu City.

A memo issued Tuesday, April 20, said the decision was made after coordinating with the Philippine National Police to ensure the smooth staging of the ongoing Visayas leg which came under fire following the controversial game.

“Please be informed that effective Tuesday, 20th of April, all mobile phones will be surrendered to the league technical group in coordination with PNP officials before the start of the game for safekeeping and will be returned after the game,” the league said in its memo.

VisMin officials banned Siquijor for the rest of the tournament after apparent attempts to deliberately miss its free throws and layups while several players from Lapu-Lapu were fined and suspended.

The Games and Amusements Board is still in the process of completing its probe, but has already suspended next month’s Mindanao leg in Dipolog while placing the current Visayas tourney under close monitoring.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["basketball","sports","sports"]
[2680242,2699079,2699006,2698938,2698922,2698904,2698817]