Officials and team owners of the Premier Volleyball League have agreed to move the opening of the Open Conference to either last week of June or first week of July.
This development came after team trainings were disrupted for a few weeks due to quarantine restrictions that the government imposed in NCR and nearby provinces since late March.
“We decided to do this to give ample time for the teams to train,” said PVL President Ricky Palou in a statement.
Metro Manila, Laguna, Rizal, Cavite and Bulacan were placed under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) over the past few weeks before being downgraded to Modified ECQ starting April 12 until the end of the month.
No team trainings are allowed under these restrictions.
Palou said most of the teams are making plans to have bubble trainings outside of NCR and the said provinces that are under MECQ to catch up with their preparations.
The league is initially scheduled to hold its first conference last April 10, but was pushed back to May 8 after team training approvals arrived later than expected.
The government remains strict with holding training and competitions during the pandemic, with only professional leagues allowed to host tournaments.