Filipinos in NCR Plus urged to stay home, follow curfew this Holy Week

Published April 1, 2021, 2:35 PM

by Raymund Antonio

Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar on Thursday, April 1, asked citizens in the National Capital Region Plus (NCR Plus) bubble area to follow the health and safety protocols when observing the traditional Holy Week.

Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar (PCOO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Let us continue to observe the health and safety protocols to protect ourselves from the virus, and ensure our safety and those of our loved ones,” he said in a statement. 

“We also ask those in the areas that have been placed under ECQ (enhanced community quarantine) to stay at home as religious gatherings have been prohibited and to adhere to the 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew hours.”

This is the second time the country is observing the Holy Week under strict safety guidelines and regulations because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Last year, the country was also under the strictest lockdown during Holy Week.  

This year, the government decided to put NCR Plus, which includes Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, and Bulacan provinces, in an ECQ bubble because of the surge in COVID-19 cases. 

Andanar said his office was “one with the whole Catholic community in the Philippines and in the world in observing the Lenten season.”

“Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, let us remind ourselves of the ultimate sacrifice, rooted in love and compassion, by our Lord Jesus Christ for the salvation of all,” he added. 

The PCOO official hoped the Lenten period can be a “time of reflection” as “we collectively endure the present challenges.”

“May it further inspire us to persevere with faith and peace in our hearts, and to help bring significant changes in our society, especially as we continue recovering from this pandemic,” Andanar said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2664193,2880658,2880647,2880637,2880643,2880640,2880632]