Pasay CESU denies report of 4 COVID-19 patients escaped from quarantine facility

Published March 9, 2021, 4:18 PM

by Jean Fernando

The Pasay City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (CESU) denied the report that four coronavirus (COVID-19) patients escaped from the quarantine facility after eight days.

Barangay 145 chairman, Rey Legaspi, said that residents in their barangay were alarmed after reports that four COVID-19 patients in their area escaped from the Oplan Kalinga Hotel and one of them was reportedly afflicted with the South African variant.

However, the CESU said that the four individuals claimed to have escaped from the quarantine facility were released from the facility after they recovered from the disease.

The CESU added that they already sent the medical certificate of the four patients to the facility showing that they were already cleared from the disease.

They also added that the four patients were still advised to go on a 14-day quarantine.

The city’s Public Information Office, as of March 8, said the local government had already lifted the localized community quarantine in 25 barangays.

They said that only 53 houses in 60 barangays in the city are still under the localized community quarantine. 

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2642217,2674014,2674011,2674004,2674002,2673999,2673954]