The St. Luke’s Medical Center (SLMC) said it observed an increase in the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients but noted it is not yet at full capacity.
“We would like to inform everyone that as of March 6, 2021, our COVID-19 ICU (intensive care unit) and wards still have not reached full capacity although we have noted an increase in the number of COVID-19 admissions these past several days,” the SLMC said in a statement posted on its official Facebook page.
“The cases that we are treating remain at manageable levels, ensuring that all our COVID-19 patients will get quality care,” it added.
The SLMC released the statement amid “circulating posts about purported full ICU and ward capacities due to COVID-19 cases.”
The medical institution reminded the public to be cautious on such posts.
“We advise the public to verify information first through our official channels, before sharing to avoid the spread of misinformation,” it said.
As of Saturday, March 6, the Department of Health (DOH) reported 3,439 new COVID-19 cases nationwide, pushing the number of active cases to 43,323. Since January last year, the Philippines has already logged 591,138 confirmed coronavirus cases.