Find out how much agricultural damage ‘Auring’ caused

Published February 23, 2021, 3:58 PM

by Ellson Quismorio

The total damage to agriculture that tropical depression “Auring” caused to the country has been pegged at P2.11 million.

(Screencap from Department of Agriculture Facebook page)

Department of Agriculture (DA) Spokesperson, Asec. Noel Reyes showed a graphic on the summary of damage and losses from Auring’s onslaught during Tuesday afternoon’s (Feb. 23) online press briefing.

Of the P2.11 million worth of agricultural damage recorded as of 3 p.m., Feb. 22, the lion’s share or 88 percent came from damage caused on rice farms. The remaining 12 percent accounts for damage in the sectors of corn, other high value crops, and fisheries.

All in all, 309 hectares were affected by the storm.

Auring, which plowed the Caraga region, has since weakened into a low pressure area.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2629684,2677083,2677078,2677074,2677072,2677070,2677067]