Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo has ended his home quarantine after testing negative for the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Panelo earlier took the health precaution after he was exposed to Presidential Assistant for Visayas Michael Dino who caught the virus.
In his “Counterpoint” program Monday, Feb. 22, Panelo bared that he took two coronavirus tests that both yielded negative results. The Palace official was back recording his commentary program at his office after working at home last week.
“Kaka-swab test lang natin noong isang araw, nag-swab test because of, na-expose tayo kay Secretary Mike Dino.. noong nagpa-test tayo, negative (I had a swab test the other day because I was exposed to Secretary Mike Dino… when I got tested, it was negative),” Panelo said.
And since he would attend the Cabinet meeting convened by President Duterte Monday, Panelo said he had to take another coronavirus test Sunday. The diagnostic test is part of the health protocols enforced by the Presidential Security Group for people attending the meetings with the President.
“Nag-pa swab test uli sa NKTI (National Kidney and Transplant Institute) kahapon, negative uli (I took a swab test at NKTI Sunday, I tested negative again),” Panelo said.
Panelo and Dino were among the government officials who attended the launch of new Malasakit Center in Laoag City, Ilocos Norte Feb. 11. A few days later, Dino announced he tested positive for the coronavirus after he came in contact with a person with the illness.
Panelo has also offered prayers for the swift recovery of Dino as he battles the coronavirus.