Medical tests show De Lima not suffering from any serious, alarming health condition

Published February 16, 2021, 12:29 PM

by Jonathan Hicap

Detained Senator Leila de Lima revealed she is not suffering from any serious or alarming health condition after being confined and undergoing medical examination at the Manila Doctors Hospital from Feb. 11 to 12.

Sen. Leila de Lima leaving the Manila Doctors Hospital on Feb. 12 after her medical exam. (Facebook/Leila de Lima/ MANILA BULLETIN)

The Muntinlupa Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branches 205 and 256 had earlier granted De Lima’s request for medical furlough, seeking “to ensure that every aspect of her health is well” and to guarantee that “she does not suffer any illness,” especially that she is already a senior citizen at 61.

De Lima was given 24 hours to undergo medical tests and she thanked doctors and medical staff at the hospital for their competency and professionalism.

“I thank the Almighty God for my continued good health and high spirit. From the known results of the executive check-up (CT Scan, various Ultrasound, Pap Smear, X-Ray, ECG, 2D Echo, Mammogram, Colonoscopy etc.) during my 24-hour medical furlough, I suffer from no serious or alarming health condition,” she said in her Dispatch from Crame No. 1031.

She added, “My deep thanks and appreciation to all the attending doctors and medical staff of the Manila Doctors Hospital! A very competent, professional and courteous bunch of health professionals.”

The police escorted De Lima who arrived at the hospital at about 10:30 a.m. on Feb. 11 and left the facility at about 10:50 a.m. the following day to go back to the Philippine National Police Custodial Center in Camp Crame in Quezon City. Members of the PNP were stationed at the hospital in the entire duration of her medical tests and confinement.
De Lima thanked her supporters who showed up at the hospital to express their love and concern.

“Maraming salamat po sa mga dasal at malasakit. A special thanks to Wil Villanueva, Nanay Nanette Castillo, and a few other supporters who went out of their way to be at the entrance of the hospital when me and my convoy arrived there last Feb. 11,” she said.