Caloocan City frontliners still wary of getting COVID jab

Published February 16, 2021, 1:44 PM

by Joseph Pedrajas

Some frontline workers in Caloocan City are still hesitant about getting the COVID-19 vaccine for fear of possible side effects.

(Photo by Owen Humphreys / POOL / AFP)

Dr. Alfonso Famaran, medical center chief of Dr. Jose Rodriguez Memorial Hospital, said on Tuesday that 10 percent of around 1,911 surveyed employees in the city said they do not want to receive the COVID-19 vaccine yet.

“Ang aming vaccination acceptance percentage is around 90 percent. ‘Yung natitirang 10 percent, ang kanila hong agam-agam para sa pagbabakuna, yung most common reason nila ay yung side effect ng vaccine (Our vaccination acceptance percentage is around 90 percent. The remaining 10 percent are still hesitant about getting it and their most common reason is its side effects),” Famaran said in a TeleRadyo interview.

To address the hospital employees’ concerns, Famaran said they are now strengthening their information dissemination campaign and answering more FAQs or frequently asked questions.

He added they have also been visiting offices to orient the employees.

Famaran said frontline workers, which include outsourced, security, and janitorial personnel, who will refuse to get a vaccine will still be given a week to decide.

“Basta nandoon sa within seven days, at nagbago isip nila, may nakalaan na ho na bakuna para sa kanila (As long as they are able to decide within seven days, they can still get the vaccine because it has already been alloted for them),” he said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["metro","news","news"]
[2622688,2912982,2912985,2912952,2912938,2912921,2912949]