13-year-old boy killed after using grounded headphones

Published February 15, 2021, 1:42 PM

by Tara Yap

ILOILO CITY – A teenage boy has died after being electrocuted by a grounded headphones he was using inside a computer shop Saturday in Sara town, Iloilo province.
 
Sara Municipal Police Station identified the victim only as a 13-year-old boy from Devera village.
 
According to Patrolwoman Pat Igcasan, the boy together with his friend went to an Internet café to play last February 13.
 
Both the victim and his friend were initially warned by the internet shop’s owner of not using a particular headphone which was deemed unsafe to use.
 
“But the boy used the headphones anyway,” Igcasan told Manila Bulletin in a phone interview Monday (Feb. 15).
 
Seeing his friend shaking, the companion tried but failed to help the victim due to the seemingly high voltage of the electric current.
 
Soon as the shop’s switch was turned off, the victim was rushed to the nearby Sara District Hospital but was eventually declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
 
Meantime, Igcasan revealed that the family of the victim has no plans of filing charges against the shop owner who also assured of their assistance in funeral expenses to be incurred.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","visayas","news"]
[2621646,2641219,2641221,2641148,2641210,2641207,2641204]