ECQ in Tuguegarao extended as COVID-19 situation worsens

Published January 29, 2021, 12:59 PM

by Liezle Basa Iñigo

TUGUEGARAO CITY – Mayor Jefferson Soriano announced Friday, January 29, the extension for five more days the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) here until midnight February 3.

Tuguegarao ECQ
Tuguegarao City (Facebook / MANILA BULLETIN)

In a virtual press briefing on Friday morning, Soriano announced that the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force (RIATF) on COVID-19 has already approved the extension of ECQ here.

The ECQ here was supposed to end January 29, but this has been extended for five more days.

The extension was made after the COVID-19 situation worsened in the city with the  City Health Officer noting that, from January 6 to January 20, there had been an average of 16 new COVID-19 cases, and from Januanry 20 to January 28, the average number increased to 23.

ECQ was first imposed in Tuguegarao City from 12:01 a.m. January 20 to midnight of January 29 after Mayor Soriano made the request to the RIATF when the number of active cases reached 246, mostly local transmissions in 30 barangays.

“And due to that data, we have to extend ECQ for another five days,” said Soriano, who, himself was afflicted with the dreaded disease on January 22.

He said he was feeling well, and was getting ample care from nurses, with his relatives regularly sending him medicines.

Meanwhile, the total number of confirmed cases in Tuguegarao was at 1,205, with 308 active cases, 891 recoveries, and 16 fatalities, as of January 29.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["luzon","news","news"]
[2606762,3004753,3004756,3004688,3004736,3004733,3004730]