These days, if you want to get around places and you don’t want to spend most of your traveling time in traffic, the solution that many people choose, mostly millennials, is the electric kick scooter or simply called e-scooter.
An electric kick scooter is a two-wheeled motorized machine that can easily navigate even in the narrowest side streets that one can traverse.
Here in Metro Manila, although not officially registered (or for the lack of it), an e-scooter can freely roam the main roads which makes it both convenient and dangerous at the same time. But with proper gears and road behavior, a person riding an e-scooter can go to his/her destination without much trouble.
Let’s take for example the MegaWheels S10 ProX. This e-scooter is German-made built durable for long range ride because of its unli-range power bank kit called range extender which comes in free when you buy the e-scooter. Now if you’re planning to joyride for long hours, you need to buy extra power banks as many as you want to reach crazy speed.
The range extender comes free when you purchase the S10 ProX which is an entry-level e-scooter perfect for those who are just trying out or beginners in this kind of ride.
The regular battery can take you up to 20 kms but with the range extender, your e-scooter can run up to 40 kms. S10 Pro X maximum speed is set at 25 kph while the range extender can push as far as 40 kms.
Advantage of S10 ProX’s technology
- S10 ProX comes from a breed of award-winning electric scooter and was chosen as no. 1 in Amazon/USA for 2020.
- S10 ProX is built for German and European market with stringent EU Safety, Performance and Quality Standards. It has the Highest International Safety Standards – UL2272 Certified of E-scooter, EU certification guarantee and MSDS/UN38.3 and UL2271 safety of battery.
- S10 ProX wooden step board and super strong tubing design is the best for dissipating vibration on rough road surfaces unlike scooters that have rigid plastic bodies.
- S10 ProX has a screw-less design for its controller board and battery both pressed between anti-vibration foam also acting as double tape (***vibration is the major killer of all electric scooters) inside a silicon sealed metal black box design which also acts as heat sink dissipation and water sealed compartment to give the scooter a IPX4 waterproof rating of IPX4.
- S10 ProX rear spoiler is aesthetically beautiful and wraps around the rear fender, protecting it against accidental breakage (which is the most common problem of every electric scooter).
- S10 ProX is one of the lightest electric scooters at 13.5g, suitable for bimodal transport to be carried in LRT, bus, taxi, car, and tricycle.
- S10 ProX has a powerful 350W/700W pure copper motor for better heat dissipation. It is upgradable to Motor Air Scoop Turbo Cooler or MASTuC to keep your motor cooler for long journeys. The faster the motor runs, the cooler it gets.
- S10 ProX triple braking system has more stopping power than most scooters (Front Ebrake & Drum+fender rear brakes). S10 ProX dual brake Levers gives more versatility and control.
- S10 ProX has 120kg passenger loading capacity, one of the heaviest in its category.
- It has a premium 7.5Ah battery giving it a long range of 20-25km. It is upgradable to hot swappable external batterry pack technology giving it UNLI-Range capability
- It comes with premium features like adjustable front LED, plate number holder, bell, super strong kick stand, dual brake lever.
- Triple Brake System for Safety
- Tires: 8.5″ inflatable front & rear tires
- Display: LED display
- Light: upgraded LED headlight, LED rear Light
- Battery: Lithium-ion, 7.5Ah, 36V
- Charging Time: 3 – 4 hours
- Mileage: 17-22km
- Motor: 350W
- Speed Mode: Economy (12km/h), Normal (20km/h), Fast (25km/h)
- Load: 120 kg
- Max Climbing Limit: 20 degrees
- Box Size: 108 x 53 x 219cm
- Expanded Size: 108 x 43 x 115cm.
- Folding Size: 108 x 43 x 43mm
- Platform Height: 130mm
- Net Weight: Approximately 13.5kg
Because of the lacking public transportation, e-scooters are one way to adapt in road traffic’s ‘new normal’ since the rise of the pandemic.
We can say that the S10 ProX is already a value-for-money for those who want to begin their electric scooter adventures. You may opt to buy a seat for this model which is sold separately for ease and convenience when you ride this e-scooter.
The only challenge that we can see is how you’ll navigate this on busy streets and main roads. Perhaps you might want to train with this e-scooter for a short distance before you plan on a long ride.
Although the memorandum circular and regulations for the use of e-scooters are still in their draft stages, you still need to follow traffic rules and regulations to avoid penalties and traffic violations. And most of all, wear proper safety gears and use the road cautiously to avoid accidents.
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is currently drafting a memorandum circular on the operation of electric-powered vehicle. Once the memorandum is approved and published, the Land Transportation Office will begin implementation. The LTO has submitted a draft of guidelines to DOTr that requires e-scooters and e-bikes to be registered and the owners to have a license.
According to LTO chief Edgar Galvante, the Republic Act 4136 states that all drivers need to have a license and their vehicles must be registered no matter how the vehicles are powered.
The MegaWheels S10 ProX is available at online shopping sites. You can check it here https://shopee.prf.hn/l/708aP8N.
The S10 ProX price range at P20,000 – P21,500 (SRP) and additional P3,500 for Waterproofing.