Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto is among The Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) honorees.
Sotto has been recognized as the TOYM honoree for government service.
“For the past 61 years, this search has become an institution, highlighting the unparalleled accomplishments of our active Filipino citizens who have demonstrated tangible positive changes in pursuit of excellence,” TOYM Philippines wrote.
“This year 2020, we received around a hundred nominations and our Board of Judges chose these outstanding individuals who excelled in their respective fields and inspired people by doing great works to the community,” it added.
Other honorees include:
* David Lopez Almirol, Founder and CEO of Multisys Technologies Corp.
* Atty. Lesley Jeanne Yu Cordero, Senior Disaster Risk Management Specialist of The World Bank
* Edgar Tolentino Elago, Master Teacher 1 of the Department of Education
* George Ilagan Royeca, Co-founder of DBDYC Inc., Angkas
* Dr. Raymond Francis Rapal Sarmiento, Director of the National Telehealth Center, UP Manila-National Institute of Health
* Capt. Ron Jr. Tendido Villarosa, Special Armed Regiment of the Armed Forces of the Philippines
Formerly known as The Outstanding Young Filipinos from 1996 to 1999, TOYM is an annual national recognition awarded to Filipinos between 18 and 40 years of age who have made significant contributions to their field or community.