The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) has opened its nominations for the 2021 Thirteen Artists Awards (TAA).
Nominated artists must possess the following eligibility requirements:
- Body of work characterized by artistic integrity, innovativeness, and forcefulness of ideas
- Responsiveness to contemporary realities
- Evidence of sustained artistic activity demonstrated by a track record of individual exhibitions and group shows for at least the past three years
- Engagement with contemporary visual forms including, but not limited to, painting, sculpture, new media, installation, performance, art, photography, printmaking, and digital imaging
- Filipino citizenship
- Less than 40 years old in the year of conferment or must be born on 1982 onwards
Art councils, art groups, heads/deans of art schools, museum, and gallery curators and directors, art critics, and past TAA awardees may nominate a maximum of three artists each.
The CPP Visual Arts and Museum Division (VAMD) under the Production and Exhibition Department and the Office of the Artistic Director will convene a Selection Committee composed of four past awardees and the head of the CCP VAMD.
Deadline for nominations is on March 1, 11:59 p.m.
The nomination form can be downloaded at: https://www.culturalcenter.gov.ph/events/visual-arts/call-for-nominations-thirteen-artists-awards-2021/ and must be sent to: [email protected]. Hardcopy nomination forms will not be accepted.
Started as a curatorial project of the CPP Museum under the directorship of curator Roberto Chabet, TAA was created to showcase the works of artists who grasped to “restructure, restrengthen, and renew artmaking and art thinking that lend viability to Philippine art.”