Following the announcement of the temporary closure of luxury hotel Makati Shangri-La Manila, unredeemed voucher bookings made during the September Online Sale (SOS) will be honored in other Shangri-La Group properties.
In a letter to Hotel Sales and Marketing Association (HSMA) Philippines president Christine Ann Ibarreta, Makati Shangri-La General Manager Greg Findlay said the management has taken the liberty to move all existing HSMA voucher bookings with them to the Shangri-La at the Fort located in Bonifacio Global City (BGC) in Taguig at no additional charge.
“Unredeemed valid vouchers will be honored at either Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila or Edsa Shangri-La, Manila, accordingly,” he said, citing that the property also boasts sweeping city views and well-position for both business and leisure stays.
The HSMA organized SOS as a move to help the ailing hotel industry. Around 70 percent of exclusive discounts on regular rates of hotels at select Philippine destinations were given as part of its biggest tourism sale held last year.
Travelers have the options to book for their next trips from 89 hotels and resorts all over the country, which include eight key destinations: Manila, Pasay, Makati, Bonifacio Global City in Taguig, the Ortigas Business Center in Pasig, Quezon City, Northern Luzon, Southern Luzon, as well as Boracay, Visayas, Palawan, and Mindanao
Originally part of the sale, Makati Shangri-La, Manila, however, announced on Thursday that it will temporarily cease its 30-year operation in the Philippines starting February 1 amid the financial impact of the unprecedented crisis brought by the COVID-19 pandemic.