The Office of the Solicitor General (OSG) has decided to extend the closure of its office in Makati City after eight of its employees tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
“As of January 20, 2021, eight employees of the Office of the Solicitor General tested positive for COVID-19 through RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase reaction) testing,” the OSG said in a statement.
“To prevent further transmission and to conduct a more in-depth contact tracing, the OSG resolved to extend its physical closure until January 25, 2021,” it added.
The OSG had earlier revealed that Jan. 15 RT-PCR testing results showed that seven of its employees had COVID-19 and, because of this, declared a three-day closure from Jan. 18 to 19.
During the extended closure, the OSG said only personnel from the sanitation and disinfection team will be “allowed into the premises.”
“All other employees will continue to perform their work/functions under alternative work arrangements,” the OSG said.
“During said period, no documents will be personally received by the office. Instead, parties may email [email protected] for documents they intend the OSG to receive during the lockdown. All other documents may be emailed to [email protected].”