Travelers to Cebu told entry documents not for sale

Published January 20, 2021, 5:59 PM

by Calvin Cordova 

CEBU CITY – Travelers need not to pay for the documents required to enter the city.

The office of City Mayor Edgardo Labella office issued the advisory due to reported incidents wherein the Authority To Enter (ATE) documents were being sold in the port area.

“Securing ATE is free of charge. We are urging those who were asked to pay for the ATE to report to the police or to the Mayor’s Office,” the advisory read.  

City Councilor Joel Garganera, chief of the city’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC), confirmed that he had received reports of ATE certificates being sold.

“There are some enterprising people in the port area. Last month, one individual was arrested for faking clearances and even medical certificates,” said Garganera.

Last December, there were two individuals, who were arrested by the Waterfront Police Station for faking ATEs, Garganera said.

“For all we know, there had already been a lot cases. We were not able to focus on this due to the recent spike of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases,” said Garganera.

The Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) will be coordinating with the Coast Guard and the port police to stop the proliferation of fake quarantine documents.

Police Lt. Col. Wilbert Parilla, deputy chief for operations of CCPO, warned those who will be caught falsifying or selling the documents.

“We will file charges for falsification of public documents against those who will be caught. We will coordinate with the city to check what assistance we can provide,” Parilla said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","visayas","news"]
[2599552,2636232,2636229,2636211,2636209,2636205,2636180]