The Quezon City government announced Tuesday that four new areas have been placed under special-concern lockdown following an increase in COVID-19 cases after the holiday season.
The said areas are:
– No. 62 Agno Extension in Barangay Tatalon
– No. 1 Salary Street in Barangay Sangandaan
– No. 54 Interior, Magsalin Street in Barangay Apolonio Samson
– and 9C, 9D, 97 La Felonila Street in Barangay Damayang Lagi
“These granular lockdowns are our immediate and proactive response to control the situation in these areas.” Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte said in a statement.
“Since last year, our special-concern lockdowns have been proven effective in controlling the spread of the disease among neighbors and families,” she added.
The Quezon City local government said that there are 60 families affected in the Agno Extension in Barangay Tatalon, while Salary Street in Barangay Sangandaan has five families under strict quarantine.
In Magsalin Street, the City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CESU) has identified 14 index cases with 60 families under lockdown, while 150 families are affected in La Felonila Street.
Meanwhile, the MCP HOA (homeowners’ association) and a portion of the Pingkian 1, Central B in Barangay Pasong Tamo have been under special concern lockdown as well since January 7 and January 14, respectively.
CESU head Dr. Rolly Cruz said that all families in the said areas will undergo swab testing to identify other infected individuals and even if they tested negative, they must still finish the 14-day mandatory quarantine to know if any of them will develop any symptoms of the infection.
“We are working closely with the affected barangays to ensure that the quarantine period will be properly implemented and that their needs will also be provided,” Mayor Belmonte said.