COVID-19 tally breaches half-a-million mark

Published January 17, 2021, 4:58 PM

by Analou De Vera 

The number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the Philippines breached the 500,000-mark on Sunday, the Department of Health (DOH) said. 

(JANSEN ROMERO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

In its latest case bulletin, the DOH confirmed another 1,895 individuals who contracted COVID-19, raising the country’s total to 500,577. 

Of the overall total, 24,691 are active cases or those who are still sick. The DOH said that 84.6 percent of the active cases have mild symptoms, 6.6 percent are asymptomatic, 5.3 percent are in critical condition, 3 percent have severe symptoms, and 0.47 percent are in moderate condition. 

Meanwhile, Davao City recorded the highest increase in new cases with 107, followed by Quezon City with 106, Isabela with 65, Pampanga with 63, and Bulacan with 62. 

The country’s recovery count increased to 465,991 after 5,868 more patients have been cleared from the disease. Meanwhile, the death toll hit 9,895 with 11 new fatalities. 

“Nine duplicates were removed from the total case count. Of these, five were recovered cases. Moreover, five cases that were previously tagged as recovered were reclassified as deaths after final validation,” the DOH said. 

The DOH once again urged the public to adhere to the minimum health standards to avoid the viral disease. 

“Laging tandaan ang wastong paggamit ng face mask at face shield, ang ating physical distancing at malimit na paghugas ng kamay [Always keep in mind the proper use of face mask and face shield, observance of physical distancing, and frequent handwashing],” the DOH reminded.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2596753,2632272,2632265,2632230,2632257,2632252,2632236]