Davao City on final stretch to full implementation of Safe Davao QR system

Published December 3, 2020, 2:52 PM

by Antonio Colina IV

DAVAO CITY – The development team of the City Government of Davao is finalizing the Safe Davao QR (DQR) system for its full implementation more than a month after it was rolled out last October 31.

During a live interview over Davao City Disaster Radio (DCDR 87.5) on Thursday, Lemuel Ortonio, the city government’s Human Resource Management Office (HRMO) head, who also leads the implementation of the DQR system, said the service provider is already in the final stretch of its development of the DQR.

“We are just waiting for the ‘public link of the establishments’ to be properly set up. So, our establishments and the public will need to wait for the full implementation, but we are already nearing, as per checking with the development, nearing in terms of finalizing it,” he added.

He added that the public can expect a formal announcement from the local government on the start of the DQR system in the coming days.

Mayor Sara Duterte moved the full implementation of the DQR system to November 23 from November 7 after the registration website crashed due to high traffic days after its launch. But the supposed mandatory enforcement had been cancelled as several offices and business establishments here did not have scanners for the DQR system.

“We will hold the mandatory implementation of the DQR because not all establishments, as of today, can scan. So, only those with Android phones, internet connection, and offices and establishments in the list can start. But if you are ‘Android’ but have no internet connection, you cannot start yet,” she said.

Issued on November 3, Executive Order No. 60 provides that the DQR will be used as as a pass for entry into the city to access essential services or work/business only, as a pass in law enforcement checkpoints and barangay patrols implementing the prohibition on non-essential travel, and as a contact tracing log on non-essential travel.

It said that all individuals, including non-residents of the city, will be required to get a one-time, permanent, and unique DQR code upon their successful online registration, citing the need to “limit the movement of people in Davao City to accessing essential goods and services or for work/business only, in keeping with the purpose of a community quarantine.”

“There is a need to institutionalize the Safe Davao QR (DQR) to implement contactless data gathering and electronic storage of data,” it said.

Ortonio said that the DQR system has been implemented in phases since November 23, starting off with gradual implementation of the DQR scanning at select establishments such as main entrances and exits of the malls, City Government of Davao buildings and offices, national government agencies, boundary checkpoints of Task Force Davao, hospitals, banks, public markets, and police checkpoints within the city.

“Only a few (establishments) were informed that they could start with DQR as compared to the number of registered establishments. However, we’ve gotten very good feedback that the system was organized, and scanning was quick and not difficult to operate,” he added.

Only the allowed establishments are currently permitted to scan the DQR codes of individuals but the local government will soon allow individuals to scan the DQR codes of the establishments for contact-tracing to lessen the long queues outside the establishments, Ortonio added.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["mindanao","news","provincial","news"]
[2563802,2841082,2841065,2841045,2841042,2841062,2841035]