DOH: COVID-19 recovery rate is 92.7 percent

Published November 29, 2020, 4:24 PM

by Analou de Vera

The Department of Health (DOH) announced that 92.7 percent of those who contracted the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country have already recovered. 

(JANSEN ROMERO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

The DOH reported 10,579 new recoveries on Sunday,  pushing the total number of survivors to 398,624. However, the death count increased by 40 to 8,373. 

It was also announced that 2,076 new cases were confirmed. This brought the country’s cumulative total number of cases to 429,864, of which, 22,867 are active cases or those who are still undergoing treatment. 

Of the active cases, the DOH said 82.9 percent are mild, 7.4 percent are asymptomatic, 3.2 percent are severe, 6.1 percent are in critical condition, while 0.34 percent are moderate. 

Quezon City had the most number of new cases with 137 infections. It is followed by Laguna with 122, Cavite with 103, Batangas with 96, and Angeles City with 79.

“Two duplicates were removed from the total case count. Of these, two were recovered cases. In addition, seven recovered cases [were] found to be negative and were removed from the total case count after final validation, ” the DOH noted. 

“Moreover, eight cases previously tagged as recovered were reclassified as deaths,” it added. 

The Philippines is on the 27th spot among countries with the most number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, based on the coronavirus dashboard of the World Health Organization.

“We continue to remind the public to help stop the spread of COVID-19 virus. Walang-sawa po naming uulit-ulitin na palagiang magsuot ng face mask, palagiang maghugas or mag sanitize ng kamay, observe physical distancing of at least one-meter, at alamin ang tamang impormasyon ukol sa sakit [We will never get tired of reminding the public to  wear face masks regularly, wash or sanitize your hands, observe physical distancing of at least one-meter, and know the correct information about the disease],” said Health Secretary Francisco Duque III. 

“Non-pharmaceutical interventions are still the best when dealing with COVID-19,” he added. 

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2560834,2845007,2845004,2844997,2844994,2844978,2844975]