Non-essential personnel of the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa City have been advised to remain at home.
An advisory from the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) issued Thursday said: “Non essential office personnel are advised to stay at home and those who reside inside the reservation and nearby areas to be on standby/on call status.”
Meanwhile, the BuCor said “NBP prison camps reported no major damages in their respective areas.”
“All PDLs (persons deprived of liberty) safe and accounted for,” it assured.
At the moment, the BuCor said“limited power is back in most camps and offices” following intermittent power disruptions and blackouts Wednesday night, Nov. 11.
“Lots of fallen trees obstructing roads inside NBP reservation but are mostly cleared,” it also reported.
“Organized clearing teams are doing their job at this time,” it added.
On the other hand, the BuCor said the Correctional Institute for Women (CIW) in Mandaluyong City “reported no major damage but has no electricity at this time.”
“All PDLs are safe and accounted for as per CIW Superintendent,” the BuCor said.
The BuCor said the Sablayan Prison and Penal Farm (PPF) is on alert and has “reported heavy rains and gusty winds but no damage so far.”
Meanwhile, the other prison and penal farms not in the path of typhoon Ulysses are normal situation, the report said.