Baguio City logs 3rd fatality, 69 new cases on COVID-19

Published November 8, 2020, 12:35 PM

by Zaldy Comanda

Baguio City – The city’s coronavirus disease (COVID-19) posted 3rd  fatality and 69 new patients with 12 recoveries on Saturday (Nov. 7).
 
The third death for this month is a 78-year-old female who underwent hepatic cyst surgery on Oct. 15.
 
She was diagnosed with acute respiratory distress syndrome and tested positive on COVID-19 and expired on Nov. 6.
 
Of the new cases, 31 are contact traced; 18 are expanded tested; 15 are symptomatic and 5 others are work requirement, surgery related.
 
As of 6:00 p.m of Nov.7, the city has total of 2,431 confirmed cases, 711 active, 1,689 recoveries and 31 deaths.
 
Mayor Benjamin Magalong said, at present, the city performed more than 62,000 reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and newly 7,000 antigen tests over the past several months, representing more than 18 percent of the city’s population that had been tested.
               
Magalong said, the need now is for the neighboring towns of Benguet to continue increasing their testing capacity to prevent the further spread of the deadly virus in their respective areas of jurisdiction that have the possibility of spilling over in the city,  thus creating more problems for the concerned local governments in the future.
               
He said, the series of mass testing in the city and neighboring towns over the past several months was sponsored by the State-owned Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) through its president Vince Dizon, the designated testing czar.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["luzon","news","provincial","news"]
[2543438,2918003,2917999,2917983,2917986,2917980,2917976]