Former PH envoy to Brazil Mauro charged Monday

Published November 7, 2020, 6:33 PM

by Betheena Unite

A formal charge will be filed Monday against former Philippine Ambassador to Brazil Marichu Mauro, Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. said Saturday.

“Yes. Formal charge will be made on Monday; it is already in my laptop,” the Department of Foreign Affairs chief said in a Twitter post.

“Then a panel will try her (Mauro),” he added.

Mauro is under investigation for allegedly maltreating a Filipino household staff of the Philippine Embassy in Brazil.

Mauro recently arrived in the Philippines after she was recalled by the government to undergo a probe over the maltreatment incident caught on video.

Locsin had earlier said the recall of Mauro “will enable the DFA to conduct an expedient and thorough investigation into the incidents of physical abuse perpetrated by her against her household staff as shown in the CCTV footage recently aired by a Brazilian news outfit.”

A panel was formed to conduct the investigation within 15 days.

The household staff was given a P200,000 assistance and is now under quarantine in South Cotabato after arriving from Brazil.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2543147,2913503,2913493,2913485,2913480,2913484,2913468]