BuCor prepares to transfer Baloyo to San Fernando city jail

Published October 27, 2020, 7:23 PM

by Dhel Nazario

The Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) will immediately transfer Lieutenant Col. Rodney Baloyo, one of the 13 former Pampanga police officers allegedly involved in drug recycling, once all requirements are completed.

Rodney Baloyo

In a statement on Tuesday, BuCor Spokesman Gabriel Chaclag said that the BuCor received a letter from the Office of the Senate Sergeant at Arms with an attached “Order of Release” from the Senate Committee on Justice and Human Rights and Accountability.

“The letter ordered the immediate release of Person Deprived of Liberty (PDL) Baloyo, who is presently detained in our facility, without prejudice to standing orders of other government agencies or the courts of law,” Chaclag said.

He added that the documentary processes had already commenced including coordination with relevant authorities such as the Regional Trial Court Branch 44, San Fernando City, Pampanga and the San Fernando City Jail authorities.

“Once all requirements are complied, PDL Baloyo would be transferred immediately following health and security procedures,” Chaclag said.

Since October last year, Baloyo has been in the New Bilibid Prison after he was cited for contempt by the Senate for refusal to testify on the alleged recycling and selling of millions of pesos worth of shabu. 

Former Philippine National Police chief Oscar Albayalde was Baloyo’s then superior officer.

Last July, Sen. Richard Gordon asked BuCor Dir. General Gerald Bantag to keep Baloyo free from the  coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as several high profile inmates were reported to be infected and have died from the virus.

At that time, Gordon also revealed that he turned down the order from the San Fernando RTC to transfer Baloyo.  

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news"]
[2534452,2564229,2564223,2564193,2564187,2564147,2564135]