Baloyo remains under BuCor’s custody

Published October 27, 2020, 12:29 PM

by Dhel Nazario

Lieutenant Col. Rodney Baloyo, one of the 13 former Pampanga police officers allegedly involved in drug recycling, still remains under the custody of the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor).

Bureau of Corrections
(MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)

In a statement, BuCor spokesman Gabriel Chaclag said no transfer is being processed for Baloyo. 

“Person Deprived of Liberty (PDL) Baloyo’s commitment order from the Blue Ribbon Committee still stands and it is noted by the court,” Chaclag said.

“So far, there is no lifting of the said commitment order yet. If and when a letter is received from the Senate stating that  PDL Baloyo is to be transferred to San Fernando City jail, then that will commence the transfer process following health and security protocols,” he added.

This came after reports on Monday said that the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee has allowed the transfer of Baloyo from the New Bilibid Prison to a detention facility in Pampanga through an order from the San Fernando Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 44. 

“As of this time, nasa BuCor custody pa rin po yung subject PDL (He’s still under Bucor custody),” Chaclag said.

Since October last year, Baloyo has been in the national penitentiary after he was cited for contempt by the Senate for his refusal to testify on the alleged  recycling and selling of millions of pesos worth of shabu. 

Former Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Oscar Albayalde was Baloyo’s then superior officer.

Last July, Sen. Richard Gordon asked BuCor Dir. General Gerald Bantag to keep Baloyo free from the  coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as several high profile inmates were reported to be infected and have died from the virus.

At that time, Gordon also revealed that he turned down the order from the San Fernando RTC to transfer Baloyo.  

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2533918,2560102,2560095,2559985,2560085,2560083,2560080]