No need for probe, PBA bubble can push through — Roque

Published October 26, 2020, 3:42 PM

by Argyll Cyrus Geducos

Malacañang said that the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) bubble can push through after the concerned parties were able to immediately address the COVID-19 situation in their facility in Clark, Pampanga.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. (YANCY LIM/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

Presidential spokesman Harry Roque made the statement after the PBA announced on Sunday that a player tested positive for the respiratory disease.

In his Monday presser, Roque said that there was no need to investigate the PBA bubble for any lapses since the issue was already addressed by the league and the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA).

“Hindi na po [kailangan ng imbestgasyon] dahil sila po ay nag-contact-tracing at ilan lang naman po sila diyan so madali ang contact-tracing (There is no need to probe it anymore since they already traced the contacts and there’s only a few of them there so that was easily completed),” he said.

Since the issue was already addressed, Roque said that the league can proceed with its bubble.

“This has been addressed by both the PBA and the BCDA. In isolation po yung nagdevelop ng coronavirus at tsaka in isolation din po yung (The patient is already in isolation as well as) those with close contacts,” he said.

“The bubble is still intact po. It just so happened. Pero manageable naman po yung situation because of the existing bubble so tuloy pa rin po ‘yan (The situation is manageable because of the existing bubble so they can proceed),” he added.

On Sunday, the PBA announced that the whole Blackwater Elite team has been placed in isolation after one of its players tested positive for COVID-19. BCDA President and testing czar Vince Dizon said the player diagnosed with the disease was undergoing quarantine at the Athlete’s Village in Capas, Tarlac.

Dizon likewise recommended the isolation of the entire TNT team who faced Blackwater on Thursday. He, however, said that no protocols in the bubble were breached.

Last week, a referee was reported to have contracted the COVID-19 case inside the bubble. However, the PBA, the BCDA, and the Clark Development Corporation said the referee yielded a negative antigen test result Wednesday.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2533175,2563282,2563280,2563278,2563276,2563273,2563267]