CLARK FREEPORT–The PBA bubble remained free of COVID-19 as all 12 teams tested negative for the deadly disease following the second round of swab tests conducted last week.
PBA commissioner Willie Marcial said around 270 players and team staff members underwent RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) testing administered by the Clark Development Corporation for the second time.
“I already talked to president Vince (Dizon of Bases Conversion and Development Authority) and I informed him that all teams are already negative from the testing. He just reminded us to keep safe inside the bubble,” said Marcial.
Marcial added that around 15 players who entered the bubble late will be retested this week along with the PBA staff, referees and members of the media.
The first round of testing started when teams arrived at the Quest Hotel inside the Mimosa Plus Leisure Estate last September 28 and 29. The entire 350-man PBA delegation tested negative.
Swab testing is being conducted every two weeks as part of the strict health protocols made by the league for the bubble season.