70 new cases, 3 fatalities due to COVID-19 in Caraga region

Published October 10, 2020, 8:58 AM

by Mike Crismundo

BUTUAN CITY – The number of deaths due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Caraga region has reached 70 with three more deaths recorded on Friday. 

Based on the profiles of the latest fatalities, the Department of Health-Center for Health Development’s (DOH-CHD) said three elderly people, aged 66, 68 and 95 years old, died due to complications.

Meanwhile, there were 70 new cases of COVID-19 that were also recorded, raising the total number of cases in the region to 1,741.

In a virtual press briefing on Friday, the DOH-CHD here said, there were 47 new cases recorded in Butuan City, four in Bislig City, four in Barangay Washington, three in Barangay Taft and two in Barangay Luna, all in Surigao City; four in Bayugan City (Agusan del Sur), and one each in the municipalities of Carmen and Nasipit, both in Agusan del Norte; one in Cabadbaran City; 2 in the municipality of Bunawan and one in San Francisco town, both in Agusan del Sur.

Caraga region has 545 active cases, and 1,126 recoveries.

According to the medical status of the new patients, the DOH-CHD said one was critical, four exhibited severe symptoms, 28 have mild symptoms, and 37 were asymptomatic.

Among the latest cases, 63 were local transmission cases, three had travel history from an area with local transmission, two frontliners and two close contacts of previously confirmed case.

Among those infected, 37 were female, 33 male, with the youngest at one-month-old and the oldest, 82 years old.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["mindanao","news","provincial","news"]
[2480893,2564282,2564277,2564229,2564225,2564223,2564216]