Deaths due to COVID-19 in Caraga region now at 66

Published October 8, 2020, 8:31 AM

by Mike Crismundo

BUTUAN CITY – The number of deaths due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Northeastern Mindanao or Caraga region has reached 66 with two more deaths recorded on Tuesday.

Based on the profiles of the latest fatalities, the Department of Health-Center for Health Development’s (DOH-CHD) said a 55-years old from Surigao City with no known comorbidity, with the onset of fever, cough, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, and body malaise on Sept. 21, was admitted on Oct. 1 but died on the same day. The second fatality, a 66-year-old from Bislig City, a diabetic and with lung disease, who had the onset of loss of taste, difficulty in breathing, and cough on Sept. 22, was hospitalized but died due to complications on Oct. 5.    

Meanwhile, there were 31 new cases of COVID-19 that were also recorded, raising the total number of cases in the region to 1,633

In a virtual press briefing, the DOH-CHD here said, there were eight new cases recorded in Butuan City, seven in Bislig City, six in San Francisco town (Agusan del Sur), four in Surigao City, and one each in Las Nieves (Agusan del Norte); Bunawan, Prosperidad and Sinbagat, all in Agusan del Sur; Bacuag (Surigao del Norte); and Carrascal (Surigao del Sur). 

Caraga region has also recorded to date a total of 495 active cases, and 1,072 recoveries.

According to the medical status of patients, the DOH-CHD said two have severe symptoms, 14 have mild symptoms, and 15 are asymptomatic.

Among the latest cases, 25 were local transmission cases, three health care workers, two close contacts of previously confirmed case, and one with travel history from an area with local transmission

Among those infected, 17 were female, 14 male, with the youngest at 6- years-old and the oldest, at 81-years-old.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["mindanao","news","provincial","news"]
[2478974,2564282,2564277,2564229,2564225,2564223,2564216]