Since the pandemic started, and with everyone carrying at least one bottle of alcohol with them everywhere they go, there have been a number of posts reminding people not to leave these bottles of alcohol in the car, especially under the sun. This is due to the possibility of the alcohol solution, being inflammable, bursting into flames.
Majority of the population have taken this with a grain of salt, thinking that this wouldn’t happen to them. Twenty-two-year-old Joyce Ann Canlas didn’t have a clue that this would happen to her, but it did.
In an interview with Manila Bulletin Lifestyle, she narrated that she and her boyfriend saw his car’s window broken on Sept. 28 around 10 a.m. “Butas na po kasi yung bote ng alcohol pagtingin namin sa car (The bottle of the alcohol had a hole). Tapos yung pinagpatungan ng alcohol (bottle), which is ’yung passenger seat, nawarak ng sobra na para bang may sumabog talaga sa ibabaw niya (Then the passenger seat, where the alcohol bottle was, was also broken like an explosion happened on top of it),” she recounts.
Wanting to share what happened, she posted on her Facebook account the horrifying photos and reminded her friends. “Huwag po tayo mag-iiwan ng alcohol or softdrinks sa kotse. Dahil sa sobrang init, sumabog yun alcohol sa loob ng kotse. Basag ang salamin, butas ang upuan, damaged din yun bubong (Don’t leave bottles of alcohol or softdrinks in the car in the extreme heat. An alcohol bottle exploded inside my boyfriend’s car. The window was broken, the seat had a hole, the headliner was damaged),” she wrote. “Mag-ingat po at baka mangyari rin ito sa inyo (Be careful because this might happen to you).” She also encouraged her friends to share and “save a car owner from unwanted expenses.”