Infant among 55 new COVID-19 cases in Caraga

Published September 30, 2020, 11:48 AM

by Mike Crismundo

BUTUAN CITY– A 4-month-old boy is among the 55 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) that were registered in Northeastern Mindanao or Caraga region

Based on the Regional Situation Update on COVID-19 in Caraga region released by the Department of Health-Center for Health Development (DOH-CHD) on Tuesday, 17 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in Butuan City, 11 in Bislig City (Surigao del Sur), seven in Cabadbaran City (Agusan del Norte), four in Tandag City, also in Surigao del Sur, four in the fast-rising town of San Francisco, in Agusan del Sur, three in Las Nieves town, Agusan del Norte, 2 in Surigao City and two in Buenavista town (Agusan del Norte), and one each in the municipalities of Nasipit and Santiago, both in Agusan del Norte, and the municipalities of Del Carmen and Taganaan, both in Surigao del Norte.

The region has so far recorded a total of 1,290 COVID-19 cases, with 429 active cases and 817 recoveries.

The DOH also said that five deaths among the new cases were reported in Caraga region, bringing the total number of reported COVID-19 deaths to 44.

According to the medical status of patients, the DOH-CHD said five have severe symptoms, 27 have mild symptoms, and 23 are asymptomatic.

Among the latest cases, 44 were local transmission cases, four with no history of travel to an area with known local transmission or exposure to COVID-19, three health care workers, one close contact of a previously confirmed case, one frontliner, one locally stranded individual and one with travel history in an area with local transmission.

Among those infected, 33 were females, with the youngest being 4-months-old and the oldest, 83-years-old.

The new 17 positive cases in Butuan City came from the following barangays: Ambago (3). Golden Ribbon (3), Baan Km. 3 (2), Libertad (2) and 1 each of Bading, Bancasi, Banza, Dagohoy, Obrero, Pigdaulan and Pinamanculan.

The new case by barangay in Bislig City: Mangagoy (8), Lawigan (2) and Poblacion (1).

Meanwhile, Surigao City Vice Mayor Ernesto T. Matugas is now in good condition, after he became the second elected official in the Caraga region infected by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).


“I’m okey, and I am following health protocols as I am currently under a 14 day-quarantine,” said the city vice-mayor, in a phone interview with The Manila Bulletin late Tuesday afternoon.

He also appealed to all Surigaonons to strictly follow all health protocols issued by the concerned health agencies of the government to prevent the spread of the virus, as the city now have local transmission.

“I appeal to everyone to follow all the guidelines issued by the city government,” Matugas added.

The former city mayor  also called on all persons, whom he had contact with from September 19 to September 25 to, inform the City Health Office (CHO) for contact tracing purposes.

Last week, Surigao del Sur Gov. Alexander T. Pimentel also tested positive of the virus, and he is also undergoing 14-day quarantine.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["mindanao","news","provincial","news"]
[2471888,3007827,3007830,3007818,3007811,3007815,3007808]